Friday, February 10, 2012

Alright Already! Let's get Crafty (Digitally)

My one follower asked me to get busy posting.,..  Gotcha.  So here's the very funny story.  I went to the Stampin' Up Leadership Conference in San Antonio last month and was in awe... the creativity in one big auditorium was palpable.  The energy was high, the mood was good, and by the end of each day, all involved had the "happiness headache" that you get when you smile too much in one day!  It was truly amazing to walk though the meeting hall and see clothesline after clothesline of cards and 3-D items, using the same stamp sets, and yet being so totally different than the next.  When I got to the Stampin' Up corporate display areas, I was already pretty fried.  Then I stumbled into the My Digital Studio area.  For those of you who don't know what this is, it is the Stampin' Up digital software for creating cards, swatchbooks, photo books, and yes, even Blog headers (not this one - I'll get to that).

I was standing in a group of women who were ooohing and aaaahhing over the designs and finished products, and although I could also admire the amazing talent, I had a dirty little secret.  I had owned MDS for more than 3 months, and had yet to even load it on my computer!  That must have slipped out of my mouth, because the woman standing next to me said "me either".  I knew I had found a kindred spirit!  You'd think at that point that we would have gone to Starbucks, and, over a latte, laughed at all of the poor, misguided digital scrapbookers and digital cardmakers.  WRONG!  We got bold  - we challenged eachother to install, learn, and create something in MDS - and we set a deadline!  By next Wednesday, Feb. 15th we have to submit a sample (calling it proof just sounds distrustful) to the other person.

Theresa, (that is my cohort's name) has gone off like a shot - even going so far as to designing her own blog heading.  You should definitely check it out!  www.paperplaydates.com - see, even our names are similar!  I, on the other hand, have been a bit slower.  I would tell you all about what I have created for Theresa, but that will have to wait until she receives it in the snailmail -so I will post pictures next week!  In the meantime, I can tell you that I have created a scrapbook page, a few cards, and this very cool thing. I have uploaded many of our digital punches, and can hardly wait to try "digital punch art" - wonder how that's gonna work.  You can cast a shadow off of your item, and it really looks 3-D.  You can add "ribbons" and "brads", you can fill areas with various cardstocks and even our designer series papers - too cool.  All of the colors match our catalog colors, so you can even make "hybrid" items - or, items that have base items through MDS, then you add real brads and ribbons!

For someone who was very intimidated by the software on the day I loaded it, to now, I can honestly say, it is both fun and easy.  I have "lost time" just sitting there playing.  I took my laptop to the car dealership today to use while they worked on my car, and time flew (that never happens there)!

Most importantly, you can now download a FREE 30 DAY TRIAL of MDS Express.  Follow the link on this page to my website, and add the free trial to your cart.  The best thing about this trial is that you aren't charged, and they don't take your credit card in advance.  You are not required to remember to cancel your free trial lest you get charged.  After your 30 days are up, you will be prompted to enter a license key number.  If you chose to purchase the software at that point, you are welcome to do so.  As long as you go through my website, I will know that you downloaded it and be able to send you tips and pointers throughout your trial.  Give it a try - you have nothing to lose.  I did, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...