Friday, May 25, 2012

Hand Stamped Sentiments

In my major effort to get out of my rut... I have been entering challenges.  This challenge is from the Hand Stamped Sentiments blog.  The challenge over there this week, is to make a "masculine themed card"... (HSSIC119) I don't know about your significant others, but for my husband, this fit the bill:

In this card, I have used only Stampin' Up products.  I used the Two tags die for the mug, cut from vellum with the bottom part embossed with the stripes folder.  I painted the top "foam" with the frost shimmer paint.  The beer is more mustard cardstock under the vellum.  the "handle" is an extra large oval overstamping a medium oval...  a couple of pearls running down the side... done.  The base is Midnight Muse (YAY), and the layer is rich razzleberry.  If you have any questions, please send me a note!

9 comments:

  1. What a great inspiration you are. This is really well done, and you are right, it is very masculine. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy,
      You are so kind! Thank you for the kind words!

      Delete
  2. What a creative way to make a frosty mug! Love it!! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!!! Great use of products- love the vellum overlay with the striped embossing folder!!! Frost white shimmer paint worked perfect!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my BEER, this is stinkin' COOL!! :) Great use of that vellum and your I can 'C' your handle perfectly! hehe Thanks for playing along this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl, this is so clever!! Way to think out of the box, seriously! Great manly card....any beer drinker would be proud to get this card for sure!! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, I know a lot of guys that this would fit the bill for! The ultimate detail is the use of pearls for the frosty glass, I LOVE it! I'll be tucking this card away for later use! Also, I love your blog background, those big pretty ribbons are beautiful, and the banner is really nice! Thanks for sharing your awesome card on Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda this card is really cool! I love the foam it looks real! So glad you played with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda, this card is amazing! I love your ingenuity!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...