Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer Sunshine

It is summertime!  Beautiful sunny days, popcicles, and reading on the beach...  When I saw the new challenge over at SU Only Challenges (#46),  I couldn't wait to play.  As a mom of four, I am always excited to get out and play with my children when school lets out for summer, but I also want to remind my children that reading (even during summertime) is really important.  My submission to this challenge is a salute to both summer AND reading!  The sunshine up in the corner of the card is actually a bookmark that slides off the card, and right on to the pages of their books!

 

This card uses the 1 3/8" circle, 1 3/4" circle, the large tag punch (the one NOT retiring), the word window punch, Calypso Coral Bakers Twine, and the Color Coach to help me pick the most wonderful summer colors!  Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Oh how cute this is! I just LOVE how you did your sun and you colors are just perfect for the summer! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bright sun and popsicle definitely say Summer to me! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute & great use of twine! Thanks for joining us for the SUO Guest DT Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to do the sun rays! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...