Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Coloring Down the Lines with Unscripted Sketches

I am looking for a challenge.  I am trying to push myself.  I am trying to open some doors in my creativity.  If you are hopping over here from Robbie's Blog, then you know the deal - each week we pick a color from the Stampin' Up Color Coach, and follow the suggestions of color combinations listed there.  This week's star color is Riding Hood Red.  The combination I chose was Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, and So Saffron.  Here is what I came up with:
I used the colors mentioned above, made torn flowers, and stacked them, added ruched baja breeze seam binding, needed baja breeze baker's twine (so I dyed it with reinker), sewed it onto a saffron flower button, stamped a Curly Cute sentiment with Riding Hood Red.  I used the sketch from Unscripted Sketches for inspiration!  Thank you to them for keeping us challenged!

Now hop on over to Helen's Blog and see what she has cooked up this week!  I can't wait to hop over there myself!

5 comments:

  1. Amanda I love your use of the colors and the design of the card. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, you have created a gorgeous card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how those colors come together with the sketch you used for this card. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You definitely 'pushed yourself' in the right direction because this card is sooooo creative. The torn edge flowers are clever, clever, clever! I really like this color combo - something I never would have thought to try, but after seeing your card it is on my list! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Unscripted Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card - love that ribbon! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...