Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Two Two Two Challenges in One!

Okay, I will say, I SOOO love the sketches over at Try Stampin On Tuesday...  they are always so clean, but allow for you to really challenge yourself!  I learned a new technique watching a video last week by Frenchie, and couldn't wait to try it, so when I saw this week's sketch, I was rarin' to go...  the sketch is on the right!

Also, I am a "regular" (or at least as often as I can get there) morning chatter at Butternut Sage Designs.  If you have never been to this site (let alone this chat), you are completely missing out.  The women who are often there are the most kind-hearted, generous, and creative collection of women I think I have ever met in one place maybe in my life.  Best of all, you are all invited...  Go to the site above, and join the chat one morning.  You will be happy you did...  To get back on task here....  we do a bi-weekly challenge at Butternut Sage Designs, and this week it is "Make your own DSP" (for those of you who are not Stampin' Up demonstrators (and why aren't you??  Join now!), DSP is Designer Series Paper, which is what we call our printed papers... This card should work for both challenges:

In case you are keeping score, the colors I used to make my DSP are: (from bottom to top) So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Cajun Craze, and Chocolate Chip.  The leaves and the sentiment are stamped in Early Espresso!
As always, thanks for stopping in!  If you want to learn this technique, or any of the other things you've seen here on my blog, please email me and I will add you to our class list!  See one, do one, teach one!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour blending. Love it. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! Love the autumnal colors and your images are fabulous! The sentiment is from one of my favorite sets! Thanks for joining us at TSOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty so fall looking. Love the colors. Thanks for playing along at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow girl! Where do I start! I totally love the color scheme! Love how you changed the sketch! This is just beautiful. I hope you send this to someone special because a very special deserves this beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday. I hope you will come back and play again!
    Hugs, Sarah T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!Colours and layout love it Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Love Love this card Amanda...perfect job for the challenge too! This example is easy for a workshop and yet it is such a WOW card too. Thanks for playing and showing off your design. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the drama of this card. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Card! Great color combination!
    Thanks for sharing!

    www.loriesstampingplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...