Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Stampin' Up! Coloring Down the Lines - Starfruit

I am the very first to admit that I am not in love...  (this close to Valentine's Day, that sounds scary)!  I am not talking about my family - completely in love with each and every one of them...  I am talking about Summer Starfruit.  I know it is a hot color right now, I just struggle with it each time it appears...  If you hopped by from Robbie's blog, you can understand that this is our focal color this week. I chose the Coach's Starfruit, marina mist, and real red combo... Just as if the color challenge wasn't enough, I added a sketch challenge from Try Stampin' on Tuesday.  I have played with this group before, and always had a blast - AND, since it is their birthday, I made a card just for them!!  Here is the sketch:





and here is what I did with it:

Happy Birthday Try Stampin'!

Now hop on to Carol's cards and see what wonderful thing she is able to do with this "hot" color!~

9 comments:

  1. This is amazing!!! Thanks for the birthday wishes--this card is perfect! I love the fabulous primary colors and the star is too cute! Thanks for joining us at TSOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should touch it! The different ribbon textures makes this card! Now I am rummaging in my studio to see what else I can coat with ribbon!! Thanks for inspiring:)

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous,you really used the color with flair! Looks wonderful. Thanks so much for playing alogn with us on the Try Stamping on Tuesday Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love! You keep designing over there, and I'll keep playing:)

      Delete
  3. You did a fabulous job even if you didn't like the paper. Thanks for the birthday wishes and playing along with us this week at Try stampin on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hate to admit it, (and if I knew how to make the font REALLY small, I would), but that color is starting to grow on me... what have I become! Thanks for the great challenges!

      Delete
  4. Great card! You were like me and sneaked a little of the Summer Starfruit in. Glad you could hop with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for making and sharing a birthday with TSOT. Love your colors, especially that bold red. This card is wonderful and makes a bold statement with the sentiment and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a great job with incorporating Summer Starfruit. This colour combo works so well together. Thanks for playing along at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...