Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines- Feelin' Blues...



Hi again!  Thanks for stopping by!  If you are hopping over from Robbie's website - Inkedx2, then you know the drill... each week we pick a few colors, and "challenge" ourselves to use ONLY those colors (and a neutral) to create something fabulous!  Well, not sure if I got there this week, but sure am happy with what has happened here! This week we had to use Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy.  The neutral I chose was Whisper White.  These colors screamed WATER to me.  I thought I would step up the game for myself, and incorporate a sketch from one of my favorite challenge sites: The Paper Players.  I hadn't played with them for awhile, and I was missing them!  I turned their sketch on the side - hope they don't mind!  Here is their sketch:


and here is my card:
I used the Tasteful Trim die to make the waves, and inked them with Not Quite Navy, and Whisper white, I used a circle punch, and a square (and can't convince myself to go downstairs to check sizes right now, but if you ask nicely I will get that for you...), and I used my new photopolymer stamps from Stampin' Up! to make the sentiment banner.  I have a lot of great sentiment stamps, but none that run vertically like this!  I love the flexibility these new stamp offer! 

Now please hop over to Carol's Cards!  I am right behind you - cannot even wait to see what she has done this week!  As always - thank you for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. really nice, Amanda. i love how you made the waves look - they look like they are swelling and the shading is awesome. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, Amanda! You are such a great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, what a great take on the sketch! I love that you used the tasteful trim for the waves. Genius! So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love baby boy cards with little sailboats, Amanda! The Tasteful Trim die made perfect waves, and it's fun to see the alphabet stamps in use. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you flipped the sketch! Great use of the die for waves and the sailboat is adorable! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...