Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines - Green Duos

Good Morning!  Here in Chicago, everything is white, NOT green... but it is March, so I thought I would get into the spirit of spring!  If you have hopped over from Robbie's blog, Inkedx2, then you know the drill... but if you are starting here, I highly encourage you to "hop" through my talented friends' blogs and see what they have done.  Weekly, my Morning Chat group "hops" though the Stampin' Up! colors, and we challenge ourselves to use only the colors selected for that week, and a neutral or two.  This week, we were to use Old Olive and Certainly Celery!  I also added this card to the SU Only Challenge site, which challenged us all to "Go Green"!  Yippee!

I understand that this card is "wonky", and it is supposed to be... Imagine that you made this card for your new BFF after a night of "Girls Night Out" fun... okay - so that is the look I was going for!  What do you think??
My "Limes" are Old Olive and Certainly Celery.  I have embossed them into the white panel using the Square Lattice embossing folder.  I added the sentiment from the Cheers to You stamp set, and topped it off with a "shaker of salt".  The "salt" literally shakes around in this card!  Definitely fun to make!  I topped it off with a small oval of Silver Glimmer Paper (which you can get free with a party or order of $150 from me now through March 22 - Go to my SU store by clicking on the SU flag to the right).

Now hop over to see what Carol, over at Carol's Cards has come up with this week!  I can't wait to hop myself!!  Have a wonderful day, and have a margarita and make a few cards!

5 comments:

  1. Cute idea, Amanda. And very "in theme" after a girl's night out. Great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, interactive card, and I love your paper-pieced limes! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the Coronas? The limes look so delicious. Very cute card, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun shaker card! Love and very clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun...perfect for after a girls' night out! Thanks for playing along with the SUO CHallenge this time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...