Monday, August 5, 2013

Fall Fun!

Fall, to me, means Back-to-School.  When I saw the challenge on some of my favorite sites, I knew exactly what I needed to make.  While at the Stampin' Up! convention in July, I was given a very cool gift from my good friend Laura of LaDeeDah Day.  When I saw her "briefcase", my wheels started spinning.  I knew that I wanted to make school pencil boxes for my younger kids (my older ones are FAR too cool to carry something I have made to school).  Then I saw the great challenges... at HandStamped Sentiments, they had a picture that you had to use for inspiration... It looked like this:
To me, this screams Back-to-School
I found a second challenge at The Paper Players, where they have a great "Fall Themed Anything But a Card" challenge going on right now! Well, this fits right in!  I have made pencil boxes for my kids using the new Wood Mount Stamp Boxes!  Here's what I made:

 and the spine:

I have used a myriad of Stampin' Up! products to make this box.  I have used:
Birthday Basics DSP (130145)
Raspberry Ripple, Bermuda Bay, Very Vanilla and Gumball Green cardstock and Classic inks
also, Crumb Cake Ink for the books and the apple
Typeset Alphabet Dies (for the spine letters)
both Early Espresso 1/4" stitched ribbon, and the new 3/4" Chevron Ribbon in Cherry Cobbler
The stamp sets used on the "book" bindings:
Gorgeous Grunge, Delicate Doilies, and ABC-123 Outline Alphabet & Numbers stamps!
and the Wood Mount Stamp Cases (127551), which for a measly $6.95, you get 4 of these!  If you would like to make a few for yourself, you can visit my Online Store to buy supplies directly, or Email me to schedule your private class to make these with your friends!  Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to pop back in tomorrow to Hop along on our Coloring Down the Lines Blog Hop!


15 comments:

  1. Very cool! I bet my daughter would carry it to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! What a fantastic idea, pencil box, SOOOOOO ADORBS!! I love how you decorated it and it is just SO freakin' CUTE!! LOVE IT thanks for sharing with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I follow your work, so a compliment from you is quite flattering!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shout out Amanda! Great idea for the cases!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL! It's because I love you! I had made stuff out of the boxes before, that make and take carrier I gave Helen, etc... But I had never added the ADORABLE handle! You are so creative!

      Delete
  4. OH MY GOSH.....how stinkin' CUTE are these!!! What a fabulous idea...might have to borrow it to do some myself! Very, very cute and clever! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeAnne! I had fun, and can't wait to send my little people off to school with these! Do make some! I bet they'd make great teacher's gifts

      Delete
  5. So Cute!!! Great use of the wood boxes!!! Great use of product!! Love the front design!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane! I love these new boxes! Still playing with other ideas for them!

      Delete
  6. Okay, that is WAY too cool! I love that embellished case, and I know my boys would like something like that too...I may have to make one! Thanks for playing at HSS :) Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your boys ( or maybe their teachers) may like them! Thanks for another great challenge over there at HSS!

      Delete
  7. This is so cute.... You rocked both challenges. Love the fall theme, the apple and the books. So creative. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a SUPER smart idea to layer the books on the Birthday Basics DSP! So glad you joined us at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh how stinkin'cute is this idea. I must CASE it for Layla's teacher (always finding ways to find NEW customers/downbline)
    Love your work and blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...