Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines - Tangerine Tango

Hello everybody!  It is almost mid-September and I am in the mood for fall... But the last few days in the Chicago area have been in the mid 90's...  Hardly sweater weather around here.

If you hopped over from Robbie's blog, then you know what this is all about... Stampin' Up! Color Coach...yada yada...  Today's color is Tangerine Tango, and I went with the Pacific Point and So Saffron combo.  I really wanted to make a very simple 2 layer card, which I did, but I only like what I've got today - no love here!

I have used two of my fav's in the stamp set category, Lots of Thanks and Magnificent Maple .  I used the rock 'n roll technique to ink the leaf, first inking it with the Saffron, then "rolling" just the edges in the Tangerine. The thing I normally love so much about this leaf stamp because of its fine, sharp detail, but this time I wanted the colors to blend and soften a bit, so I spritzed the inked stamp with water before I stamped it.  I sponged the bottom layer with Pacific Point, heavier at the top, lighter at the bottom to look like sky...  Dunno about this one guys, but the technique is good.  Let me know what you think, and be honest - I can take it!

Now hop on over to Carol's Cards and see what she has for us today!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...