Saturday, September 7, 2013

Masculine Birthday Weekend Inspiration

Happy Weekend!  It looks like it is going to be a great weekend!  Hope it is sunny where you are...

For this weekend's inspiration, I went to Pinterest.  I know that sometimes it is a time drain, but sometimes when I have a creative block going, it is just the jump start I need.  This week I needed a masculine birthday card... these are a challenge for me normally, so when I see one I like, I generally jump at the chance to make it.  This card was made for our "cousin" Harold, who is celebrating his 85th birthday... (and I got to play with some fun new stuff while I was "working" on it!
I used the Houndstooth Texture Embossing Folder, the Sweet Essentials stamp set (love this one with it's simple sentiments in a clean and modern font):

Sweet Essentials
and the AMAZING NEW GIFT BOW BIGZ L DIE
Gift Bow Bigz L Die

 This die for the Big Shot is one of those thicker steel ruled dies, that can cut many layers of cardstock or Designer Series Papers at a time.  How easy it will be this holiday season to coordinate your gift bows to your card or wrapping papers!  This was one of my first "must haves" from the Holiday Catalog, which you can see online here, or if you would like your very own magazine copy to love, you can email me here and I will get one to you!

2 comments:

  1. Cute card Amanda, It looks like you are feeling a bit better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Butternutsage, a compliment from you ALWAYS makes me feel better *blush*!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...