Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines- Cajun Craze

Hello My Crafties...  Today we are hopping down the lines with Cajun Craze.  If you started with Robbie over at Inkedx2 then you started at the beginning, and she probably explained it, but if you are new to me, and starting here then I should fill you in...  Each week, my little group of buddies picks a color out of the Stampin' Up! collection, then we all consult the Color Coach (a cool product from Stampin' Up!), and follow the color choices given to us.  This week the coach gave us two different color combinations, and since I have used the other before, I thought I would give this new one a whirl!  The combo I chose is Cajun Craze, Bermuda Bay, and Crushed Curry.  As I am still on crutches, my mom was helping me out with gathering supplies.  When we pulled the colors out, my mom said, "oooh, that looks Southwest"... And so we ran with that - after all, art is really just following a vibe, right?  To add another of difficulty, we used a sketch from Hand Stamped Sentiments. Here is their sketch:


And here is my card:















This is a gate-fold card, using some great dies from Stampin'Up!  I used the zig zags from the Tasteful Trim die, the leaf from the Autumn Accents die to cut two vellum leaves, which I then cut into "feathers", and the new deco labels framelets to make the sentiment panel.  
Tasteful Trim

Autumn Accents Die  

Deco Labels Framelits


If you would like to order some of these fun products, now is a great time to do so!  Scroll down to see the great deal Stampin' Up! Is offering right now...  Or if you only need one or two small things, scroll down a bit further and check out the Mystery Hostess event I am hosting...  Maybe YOU will be the winner of $25 worth of free products of your choice!!  (Or just SHOP NOW!)

Now hop (or should I say mosey) on over to Carol's Cards and see what fun she has created for you today!

Thanks for stopping by!  Without my followers, I am just talking to myself!

3 comments:

  1. Very Pretty!!! Love the gate fold!!! The zig zag die made a perfect accent!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how very creative to make feathers from the leaf die! I always love a gatefold card, and it works so well with the sketch. Super fun and cute! Thanks so much for joining us at HSS :) Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! I love your take on the sketch and the feathers are awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS! Bree

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...