Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines - Calypso Coral

Good Morning!  If you started at Robbie's site, Inkedx2, then you are very lucky AND well informed... but if you are starting with me here, I will need to fill you in... 

Today is Wednesday, and that means our Coloring Down the Lines blog hop...  today we consulted our Stampin' Up! Color Coach to see what they have coordinated with the color of the week (Calypso Coral)... the combos they recommended were toughies... either Blushing Bride and Pink Pirouette, OR Chocolate Chip and Wild Wasabi.  Just to make things a bit harder, our new "added feature" this week was a snowflake...Ugh... I was stressed... I was sweating this card, that is... until it snowed here last Sunday night!  My family went to downtown Chicago, were we spent the day at the Shedd Aquarium (great place, and if you visit the area, I will meet you there and give you a tour...).  Anyway, when we left the aquarium, it was snowing... HARD.  It was night, but that sky had that surreal orangy glow that you get only in cities in the winter... I think it is sodium lights... in any case, I snapped a picture of two of my kids... You can only kind of see what I was talking about at the top of the picture, but they are cute kids, so humor me...
So here is the card I made after looking at this picture:

My husband didn't get it, but it worked for me...
I stamped the snowflakes and the greeting from the Snow Day stamp set - which is quickly becoming one of my favs...  The snowflakes were stamped with VersaMark stamp pad, which is clear, then I embossed them with Clear Stampin' emboss powder to use it as a resist...  I sponged the colors from the top in this order... Pink Pirouette, then Blushing Bride, then the Calypso Coral...I used a torn piece of paper as a "mask" to make the "snow" on the ground.

Hop on over to Carol's Cards and see what she has for you today!  As always, thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Great job. This was a tough one, especially trying to make orange fit with snow, but you did it. And those 2 little ones of your are definitely cute kids! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how cute ... and the card is simple and oh so sweet. nice job, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...