Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Coloring Down the Lines - So Saffron

Good Morning!  Yay!  Feels great to be getting back in the swing of things!  If you are joining me from Robbie's webite, Inkedx2, then you know the challenge... Using our trusty, and not so dusty Stampin' Up! Color Coach, we are challenged to use the combination listed, and we have adding a small twist - this week's added piece - we must use a tag.  Our color this week is So Saffron, and I chose the option that also includes Daffodil Delight and Basic Grey.  I added Naturals White as my neutral.  I have to say - I really love yellow and grey together.  Here's what I've got (and then I'll tell you why...)

In case you are wondering, I have used the Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die from our brand new Occasions Catalog, as well as the Chalk Talk framelits (which are on sale this week only) for the tags (both), and a little bonus die ("hi") from the Label Card Thinlits Die.  I also embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions embossing folder.  You can see all of this awesome gear in my online store!

So here is what I was thinking about when picturing this card...  I have a really cool cousin.  I don't know her very well, I follow her on Facebook.  She just seems very together, and really enjoys life to the fullest.  She recently started beekeeping, among other things.  She is now in Senegal visiting her son, who is a Peace Corp Volunteer...  I have never sent her a card before, but I admire her, so this will be a first... Cousin Janine, this is for you...

Now please hop on to see what my dear friend Helen over at Blue Dahlia Designs has got up her sleeve - she is ultra-creative - you are in for a treat!

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty combination, and I love your use of the Hexagon Hive. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love the color combo, and I love how it's very simple looking but with a lot of texture. You cousin is going to love it! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I haven't played with that Hexagon Hive background yet...love your colors and layers on here. Thanks for playing along with the Fun with New Toys Challenge over on SUO Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY, that thing SCARES me but you ROCKED it!! I LOVE this card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...