Sunday, January 12, 2014

I'm Back! (and inspired)

Hello again everyone!  I have been away for a while - kids on Winter Break, and a husband with shoulder surgery has made for a busy time around here.  I also just got back from Houston, Texas, where Stampin' Up! held their annual Leadership Conference.  Stampin' Up! gathers all demonstrators in a leadership role, and spoils us with sneak peeks, classes, fresh inspiration, and PRIZE PATROL, which is when they give us lots of goodies~!  One of the fun things we do at Leadership is "swap" card fronts with other demos from around the country.  This is great, as it gives us all new ideas to come home and share with our customers.  Here is the swap I made to share - you'll notice a new stamp here, from the new catalog, which you can see by clicking on it's cover on the right, or you can get a free copy by contacting me~!

Here is what I swapped:
I used the new Vivid Vases Stamp, which is a "hollow" stamp... so I used versamark and then heat embossed the image.  Then I colored in each vase and flower, and put Crystal Effects on all of the vases to give them a shiny, glassy look.  Since the words below the vases were clear, I used the area that was embossed as a resist, and sponged matching colors over the letters - I love how this turned out!  The background is Gorgeous Grunge and all the vases colors, and the panel is dry embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing folder.  Although it was a lot of work to make 50 of them, they were a big hit, and that is always fun!  Stop back tomorrow for more inspiration, as I will post other swaps I made for this week!

2 comments:

  1. I have a question for the card that you posted on January 12th, 2014. In your comments you said you used Versamark to stamp the Vivid Vases images. However, nothing was mentioned about embossing powder. If no embossing powder was used how are you able to see the image on white paper to color it? Could you please e-mail me your answer at WindyGEM@earthlink.net. I rarely used my google id to e-mail. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gail- thx for the comment! I am going to answer here in the blog, and will email you too (as you requested)... Just worried that someone else who follows the link from Pinterest may have the same question! I neglected to tell everyone that I did heat emboss this. I tried several incarnations, to include white powder, he cool-I-o gold powder, and black powder before going with clear. The clear really help edit o work as a resist for the markers! I love our colored powders, but I often get little specs of powder on other parts of the card (even with the embossing buddy), so I find using colored inks (even the gold), and then clear embossing powder works best for me! Hope this helps!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...