Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Coloring Down the Lines- Midnight Muse

Good morning, and welcome!  You have joined our Coloring Down the Lines blog hop.  Each week we use the Stampin' Up! Color Coach to help force us out of our standard choice boxes.  If you started with Robbie, then you  know the drill.  This week we were to use Midnight Muse, and one of the color combinations in the color coach.  I used Midnight Muse, Crushed Curry, and Rich Razzleberry.  The added *bonus* piece this week was to use a challenge website for inspiration.  I used the challenge from The Paper Players.  Their challenge (#183) was to use stars in your project... 

Here is what I've got:
I used Midnight Muse, Whisper White and Rich Razzleberry cardstock.  I stamped the stars, using the Sale-a-bration set Banner Blast, using Crushed Curry ink on white cardstock, which I then heat embossed using clear embossing powder.  The embossed stars worked as a resist, so I was able to sponge right over them with Midnight Muse ink - starting at the top and working my way down the cardstock so that it would be darker at the top - like the night sky.  I used the make a wish sentiment from the Sweet Essentials stamp set and banner trimmed the edges.  If I was able to wish on the stars tonight, I think I would wish for spring - this snow is really starting to get to me!

Hop on over to Helen's website, and check out her challenge this week...  (I think she's sick of winter too!)

10 comments:

  1. Do I get a wish on EACH star? I hope they all come true! Very nice. I like your shading in the sky. This is a very nice clean card. Great sketch challenge. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy... Yes, you can wish on ALL of the stars! Thank you for the nice comment!

      Delete
  2. What fabulous sponging! I love the random stamping. Such a perfect sentiment, too. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann! I am loving that new Sale-a-bration set! Always love the Paper Players challenges!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful sky you've created here--love the embossed stars and the sentiment IS perfect! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nance, thanks for the sweet compliment. I think sponging ALWAYS makes a great sky - would use an awful lot of smokey slate here in Chicago lately! Hope it is clearer where you are!

      Delete
  4. What a fun challenge, to use the color coach and another challenge blog! Also very cool how you emboss resisted the stars. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! We've been doing this Coloring Down the Lines blog hop for about a year and a half, and it sure breaks us out of our comfort zones occasionally! Thanks for the great challenges you all give us over at The Paper Players!

      Delete
  5. Very clever way to create this starry sky, Amanda! Great card....beautiful colors, too! Thanks for playing with my starry challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thank YOU, LeAnne for another great challenge over at The Paper Players!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...