Thursday, February 20, 2014

Hello from the snow...

Yes, still covered in snow here in Chicago, but with lots of rain on top of that...  now we are worried about flooding!  It did make me hopeful, however, that these showers will truly bring spring flowers soon, so that is where my head was when I started making this card for our challenge Facebook page (and soon to be full-blown website), Can You Case It?!!  This week's challenge is to make something using the Subtles collection of ink colors.  I was thinking of flowers and the amazing golden light that peeks through first thing in the morning in the springtime (now I know how Jack Nickolson felt in "the Shining" - too much inside-time).  I added in an extra little challenge for myself, by using the very cool sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  I love to split images, and let your eye complete them - cool trick!
Here is their sketch:
and here is what I did:


and a little angle, so you can see the flash of the gold...

I've used the Summer Silhouette stamp set (most of the whole set), and for cardstock I used: Blushing Bride, Whisper White, and Pear Pizzazz.  I used the same colors of ink, but also added So Saffron.  The gold sequins are the new Gold Sequin Trim.  I just pulled a few little sequins off the end of the line to add the little pops of gold. 

Thanks for stopping by!  If you haven't played along with us over at Can You Case It yet, please check us out!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous job with my sketch, Amanda! I too love taking an image and splitting it up. Love the stamps and colors you've used on your card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, Amanda. The colors look nice & warm & look nice together. Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and I agree with Helen, the card gives you such a warm feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how soft and subtle this is. So lovely! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...