Sunday, March 9, 2014

Can You Case It?? Dots Challenge!

Something about dots always feels like a party to me...  this week over at Can You Case It? we are all working with dots this week - and it just makes me smile~ The goal of this new challenge website is to get you moving... sometimes it is a sketch, sometimes a color challenge, and, like this week, it can even be a theme...  Come play!! 

I wanted to add just a bit of extra challenge to my card, so I incorporated a sketch from Unscripted Sketches.  When I saw this sketch, I thought of a gift - and since dots say "party" to me... natural fit!

Here is their sketch:
and here is what I did with DOTS!!
I thought this would be a quick and easy little boy birthday card - although they are my fav colors together, so it would work for me too!  I used the Best of Birthdays stamp set  , the 2012-2014 Designer Series Paper Stack (which is on SALE right now through Monday night - so order right away!) ,  and the Gumball Green 3/8" stitched satin ribbon.  I love this ribbon because it has enough body to hold a good bow, yet is silky, not stiff, to the touch.    Be sure to come play with DOTS this week over at Can You Case it? and we'll have a card party! 

6 comments:

  1. Love your card - great mix of colors! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love blue and green together!

      Delete
  2. How fun! This card would be good for any happy occasion :)
    Thanks for playing along with the sketch and for sharing the new challenge site, as well. Will def check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome use of dots. Love it in the ribbon and the papers. Great colors and great take on the sketch at US. Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty papers used, great way to showcase them!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Unscripted sketches, I hope that you can join us again this week too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this fun and happy card! Thank You for playing with us at Unscripted Sketches this week! I hope you will join us next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...