Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Coloring Down the Lines - Raspberry Ripple

Good Morning!  I have an odd one for you today - so, if you began at Robbie's website, Inkedx2 then you know what I am talking about - but if you began here...  so this week's color combo for our Stampin' Up! Color Coach blog hop is Raspberry Ripple.  The Coach says we need to use Old Olive and Blushing Bride with that - but I just can't see it... the other combo was harder, as the added feature this week, is that it had to be a Christmas Card... that's right - would seem even more crazy for March if we weren't supposed to get a few more inches of snow this morning...  EEK, so now it is Christmas in March with wacky colors, and because I am a multi-tasker, I have added the additional challenge of a sketch from Hand Stamped Sentiments... their sketch looked like this:



and here you go:



I have used the Ornament dies (remember that I used them a few weeks ago to make vases in the flower box card - just snipped the bottom off...).  Today I used them for their intended purpose - well almost... I am trying to make them look like lights here.  After cutting ornaments from both the Raspberry Ripple and the Blushing Bride cardstock... I cut just the tops using the new Silver Foil paper.  I think this looks like the tops of the Christmas "lights".  I also used the Chalk Talk framelets to cut out the sentiment, which is stamped in Raspberry Ripple ink on Naturals White cardstock, using the Petite Pairs stamp set.  This set is great as it is one of the very few sets that Stampin' Up! designed with outside AND coordinating inside sentiments.    Gotta love that!  Check it out!


Now Hop on over to Helen's site -Blue Dahlia Designs and see what fab thing she has done with this crazy combo!

9 comments:

  1. This is a fun color combo and fun take on our sketch! I love the ornaments with the bakers twine :-) Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Not sure about the color combo myself, but this is what "the Coach" instructed...

      Delete
  2. Never too soon to start with Christmas cards! What a great take on the sketch and I like the flow of the twine and the little ribbon on the tag. Thanks for joining us at HSS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always need Christmas card ideas... Now to remember them in November...

      Delete
  3. So cute! I love that string of lights, and the silver bases are perfect. Very clever. Thanks for playing at HSS! ~Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yanks, Erika! I am loving that foil paper- so fun for so many different uses!

      Delete
  4. Cute!!! Great take on the sketch!! Great use of the foil paper!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a way to knock it out of the park with this charming card You have totally succeeded in combining some tricky challenges. I am so happy you joined our sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Love your interpretation of my sketch. Hope to see you play with again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...