Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Coloring Down the Lines - Summer Starfruit

Welcome Wednesday - here we go!  You may have started over at Robbie's website, Inkedx2, and that would be a good thing... but if you started here, don't worry... you won't miss out, just keep a' hoppin' and you will circle back...  Today being Wednesday and all... you are here for the weekly Coloring Down the Lines hop, where we use the Stampin' Up! Color Coach to catapult us out of our comfort zone - color wise... this week - Summer Starfruit.  I chose the Marina Mist and Real Red option, although when you see it you may think I'm lyin'.  I'll explain after the picture (oh, by the way... the BONUS challenge was to make something other than a card...)

So I have used the Petite Purse die - gotta love love this little beauty!  I used Marina Mist cardstock, Summer Starfruit DSP from the DSP color family stack, I used two different sizes of little scallop circles for the flower, and I used Filter Paper to make that fun little flower.  After assembling the flower (with a mini brad) I spritzed the flower with Summer Starfruit re-inker, then re-crumpled (is that a word?) the flower and spritzed a second time with Real Red re-inker. It did make it a bit orange (hmmmm - go figure), but I like that it still looks natural with the different shades and tones in that flower.    Here is a picture of a real flower I saw this last fall at the Chicago Botanical Garden...

WOWIE, RIGHT??  In hindsight, going for this look, I should have probably spritzed the flower in Starfruit, then, when it dried, I should have dipped the tips of the crumpled flower in a diluted Real Red re-inker solution!  Next time!

Go on now, feel free to hop along to Helen's blog, Blue Dahlia Designs, (it'll be fun), but be sure to stop back later this week to see what I made for the Can You Case It? challenge!!  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...