Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Coloring Down the Lines - Basic Grey, (and a sneak peek!)

Good morning, and happy Wednesday - you are half-way there, my friends!  As it is Wednesday, I need not remind you that today is Coloring Down the Lines Blog Hop day!  If you started with Robbie, you have come here inspired - that's a good thing!  If you are starting with me, don't fret...  just keep hopping after checking out this sneak peek card and you will make it full circle - it is a short hop today!

Our challenge this week was using Basic Grey, and the Color Coach says: Melon Mambo and Old Olive or Real Red and Pumpkin Pie.  Well, I almost never love red and orange together, unless yellow is in the mix, so I went with the first combo.  The added challenge was to you the oh so fab Envelope Punch Board...  As if that wasn't good enough, I chose to pop in and see what one of my favorite challenge blogs was doing this week.  The Paper Players challenge this week is to have three of a feature on your card... gotcha.  Here is what I did:

 I used the new petite petals punch from the Occasions catalog for the flowers, the ornament mini punch from the Holiday CarryOver list to make the leaves, and of course the Envelope Punch Board to make the grey envelope.  I have layered two different ribbons here for a bit of added interest, and because all of my pearls are in my car outside (and I am feeling lazy), I used my Uniball White Gel Pen to make the centers on the flowers.  In case you were wondering what the promised sneak peek was... check out this close up:

This sentiment was given to us at our most recent Leadership Conference, and it is from a stamp set that will be released in the upcoming Annual Catalog (are you as excited as I am???)  The stamp set is called So Very Happy, and it makes me smile so I think you'll love it!!

I hope you enjoyed today's card - but now it's time to move along... Next on the hop is Helen, and it is sure to be a winner!  Thanks for stopping by!  Tomorrow check out the fun bunny card I made with a special bunch of friends recently!

4 comments:

  1. So cute to use an envelope on your card! And YES, I am excited to see that cute little sentiment! Woohoo! Thanks so much for sharing this and playing with my PP "three spree" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the addition of the small envelope on your card--such an unexpected surprise! Great colors together...Thank you for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card, Amanda! I love the flowers popping out of the envelope, so cute! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...