Saturday, May 24, 2014

Can You Case it? Sketch Challenge

Hello all, and happy L-O-N-G weekend!  Today's card is for my role on the Can You Case it? Challenge website's Design Team.  This week we are working with a sketch, which I love because I feel like it is the best way to get yourself out of a rut. 

Funny story.  I am NOT particularly "nautical".  I love to go out on a boat every now and then, but that is about the extent of it.  We had a catamaran when I was growing up, and I hardly ever used it...  however, this past January I was given the nautical stamp set from our Occasions catalog at the Manager's Reception at the Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference.  I hadn't used it yet, and committed myself to using it...  Here's the sketch and my card, then read below for the "punchline"...

 Here's my card:

I was so proud to really get into the nautical theme... I used the intended stamp set, the banner punch, and the patterned paper from the paper pack from the "stack" this spring... got it all together, set it up to photograph, and then it hit me... the "waves" on the diamond paper are running vertically, not horizontally... ugh - mental head slap...  Well, you get the idea!  I hope you enjoy the spirit of the card, and I hope you will look at the sketch above and come play with us this week over at Can You Case it.  We have a lot of fun over there, and would love to see what you create!  Need help?  Just comment on that site and one of us will be glad to help you get your picture uploaded!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...