Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Coloring Down the Lines - Carol's choice

Good morning, and happy Wednesday!  As you know, on Wednesdays I participate in a Challenge Blog Hop - and today is no different!  If you began with Robbie, you are on a roll!  If you are starting here, then please check it out and hop along!  I am sure you will see some great things today!  Today we have used the website Design Seeds to help to inspire us, and Robbie, with her magic, has converted the colors in the picture into Stampin' Up! colors...  Here was the inspiration:

 And the Stampin' Up colors for us to use:
So, you have seen me color with the new and amazing Blendabilities markers using the new Bloom stamp, but I really wanted to try something different...  I have used a technique called "stained glass window" for this project.  I stamped on vellum with craft white ink, and then heat embossed the image with clear embossing powder.  I waited for the image to dry, then flipped it over and colored on the back side of the vellum with the regular Stampin' Write markers.You don't really have to be particularly neat when doing this as a lot gets "hidden" behind the stamped lines.  I actually used every one of the colors in my flower.  Then, when I went to attach the vellum cardfront to cardstock - I was stuck.  I auditioned it in front of two different colors, Blushing Bride, and Whisper White...  each is cool, and each gives it a whole different look.  I just used temporary adhesive so that I could stick the panel on each color to show you the difference - once I decide I will add the extra piece for the week (edgelit border), and adhere it permanently... what do you think?  Which do you prefer??

Here is the Blushing Bride:
 and the Whisper White:
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!  In the meantime, please hop along to Carol's Cards and see what she brewed for us today!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Laura, I like' em both, but I think I prefer the white, something about the contrast. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda. WOW, I love the card. I like both of them equally the same. I bet you can make each of them a little different, depending on what you decide on the border. I'll wait to see what you do with them. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - now I want that stamp! I think the pink is the most unusual - looks totally like a purchased card! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...