Monday, June 23, 2014

Something just a little different...

Hello everyone!  Hope you all had a fabulous weekend, and a sunny start to the new week.  Today I am sharing with you something a bit different, which is also my Design Team entry for this week's challenge over at Can You Case it. The challenge this week was to make something 3-D... well, this doesn't COMPLETELY fit that description, but I really couldn't wait another minute to share it with you.  These two projects are both from a class I took over the weekend in Mixed media.  I really love this process, and if you are a collector of stuff (which, well, let's face it - if you are here, you are a collector), you would probably love.  Just gather your things and stick them down!  There are two different projects here, so I will share one at a time.


This first project is done on fabric.  I used a neutral fabric, stamped on it using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and the gold ink, added some sequin trim, burlap ribbon, champagne glimmer paper, gold bakers twine, and Very Vanilla seam binding...  On the tag, I stamped an older image from the summer silhouettes retired set using Early Espresso ink and distressed the tag with the same ink...  The other images below are done on paper... check this out...

This panel is done on gesso covered Watercolor Paper.  I then painted the paper using watered down acrylic paints as a background.  I used some of the tuille ribbon we had a few Christmases ago (which may still be on the clearance rack), some old flower ribbon we had, an old stamp set called Define your Life for the journey stamp (if you don't have this one find it on Ebay - you need it!!), a few SU brads,  some "sequin waste" that I covered with our gold ink, and a few odds and ends I had laying around... 

As this was a class I took, I wasn't sure what to haul from my stash, so you make it work with what you have...  I will be teaching this class in the near future, and hope you all will sort through your "treasures" and get ready to get messy!! 

What have you made lately that would be 3-D??  Jump on over to www.CanYouCaseIt.com and join the fun!!


1 comment:

  1. Leave it to you to find something new and exciting to create and share. You know I will be signing up for your class when you are ready to teach! ;) Eileen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...