Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Coloring Down the Lines - Lifesaver!

Welcome to Wednesday!  Today is Coloring Down the Lines day around the old friend circuit, and if you don't know what I am talking about... that's fine...  just follow the circuit, and you will hop back full-circle to me...  Be sure to stick it out, though, because Robbie always has something great for us!

Today's challenge picture was chosen by yours truly... and after looking at it again, I am not sure what really spoke to me about it!  If you have followed me for awhile, you know I am not really "nautical" - (remember the vertical waves in my other attempt... eek)... And I usually go for the blues and greens together looks...  ah well, this is great for making me jump right in and OUT of my comfort zone, and afterall, that is exactly why we started this hop to begin with... So here is the inspiration picture and colors we are supposed to use...

And here is what you get from me...

I tore all of the blue papers to look more like ocean waves (at least this time they are running horizontal!) Used my Oval Framelits to make the live preserver - wrapping it with baker's twine...- here is this week's flub... the twine is actually tangerine tango, but it looked right to me at the time!  I added the Thankful for you stamp from an upcoming Hostess Promotion - you are going to want this wonderful set...It is called Good Greetings, and is only available after August 28 - which is when the new Holiday Catalog will go LIVE!  I can tell it is going to be one of my go-to sets - It covers just about every occasion!

Now hop on to Carol's website and see what she has in store for us today - I can't wait to hop around the horn myself and see if there are other land-lubbers out there!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...