Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Coloring Down the Lines - 3-D flowers!

Good morning, and happy Wednesday!  If you started our weekly "hop" over at Robbie's website, then you are aware of our plan here, but if you are starting here, then I will explain...  Each week, we use a picture, and a corresponding Stampin' Up! color palette to inspire us to make a card (or in this case it is a 3-d project from me).  Here is the photo from this week:
and the coordinating Stampin' Up! colors:
Now, I had just done an all over flower card last week, so this week I decided to do a little 3-d project.  Here is what I did:
and closer:

I used the flower fair framelets, cut several times for each flower.  I then spritzed all of the layers with water, and crunched them up in my hand.  When they dried, I punched a hole in the middle and ran floral wire through all of the layers.  I cut a strip of Daffodil Delight paper and snipped it with my fringe scissors and rolled it to make the flower centers.    It is tough to see in the sunlight, but I also did another thing... I took a clear glass bottle and some white acrylic paint.  I added several drops of Daffodil Delight re-inker to the paint to tint it.  It is much more vibrant in person.  

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you will stop in on FRIDAY as it looks like I may just have an announcement for you!!  Be sure to keep on hopping on over to Carol's website and see what she has for us this week!  Have a great second half of your week!




7 comments:

  1. Amanda, this is refreshing! They are awesome! I'm gonna make some. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! If you want softer colors, I would use filter paper and ink spritzers instead of cardstock! Post them when you make them!!

      Delete
  2. really cute. I haven't attempted to make paper flowers, so maybe now, I will. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a spin, Helen... You would be great at them!

      Delete
  3. Love the milk bottle! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Cindi! I got this particular milk bottle at Michaels, although IKEA carries great bottles for this too... Just keep your eyes open for glassware that you like the shape of, and then PAINT it! I used acrylic paint colored with reinkers for this particular one, but stop back by my blog in the next week or so - I did something different too!! Have fun!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...