Friday, October 31, 2014

BOOO! Take the Plunge!

Happy Halloween (for all of you Halloween lovers out there)!  I will admit something to you.  I am not really a Halloween lover.  I love my kiddos, and they really wanted to have a party this year, so I caved.  We are having a Halloween party ~ and I am enjoying myself.  I probably only own about 6 seasonal decorations, so it was a bit of a stretch for us, but we rocked it!  The theme this week over at The Paper Plunge is "Anything but a card"... not a problem here - we have been crafting fools the last few days, and not a single card in the mix.  I am also cheating a bit here... First - my kids made the treat bags I am putting here.  Second, they were last month's Paper Pumpkin kit.  Paper Pumpkin is a monthly kit that is mailed straight to your door, with everything you need (except adhesive) to make a project... these kits are so easy, even kids can easily be successful completing them, and they make a fun group project.    Here are some of the things we made:



We also made the Halloween Wreath kit... this was only slightly more challenging as it needed a hot glue gun and a bit of patience making the bead spider:



We wrapped washi tape around the bottoms of votive candles to spruce them up, and one last thing we did, we took paper straws (all the rage right now), and used the mustache framelits die and cut out some black mustaches... we then added them to the straws (to one side), and they are adorable when you hold them up to your face!  How fun is that??

Okay - so maybe we'll survive this season afterall!   Be sure to pop over to The Paper Plunge and give this "Anything but a card" challenge this week! 

2 comments:

  1. way cute, Amanda. I just love the PP kits. Your display is awesome, along with the children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your bags and your involving the kids! i miss that now that mine are grown and going out to parties!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...