Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Coloring Down the Lines - You Rock!

Good Morning, and happy Wednesday!  Welcome again to our weekly blog hop... If you are joining us from Robbie's site - Inkedx2, then you started at the beginning, but if you started here, don't worry - we are a big loop, so you won't miss anything!
Today's inspiration picture reminds me of home.  I am not sure how many of you may know this about me, but I grew up in Brazil.  My dad was the Army Attache to Brazil, so I lived in Rio de Janeiro.  This picture, of the natural agate gemstone looks so much like what we could get so easily in Brazil, that it made me a bit homesick, so I did what I could to stay as true as I could to the picture this week - I think if I had been the one to pick the colors for this I would have gone more blue than purple, but I am not the color-picker, so....  Here it is:

 and the coordinating Stampin' Up! colors:
I "painted" the new Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper with re-inkers in all of these blues and purples, in various spots to give it a little life, then tore the outer papers to make it look more like natural rock...I used the Rock Star stamp from the Be the Star set!  It is hard in photos to see all of the colors and the glimmer, so I am attaching a few pictures with slightly different angles so you can try and see some of the colors. 


Hope you enjoyed this!  Please hop over to Carol's Cards and see what she made from this!!



1 comment:

  1. I love how you took the picture and recreated it. Very cool idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...