Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fall-tastic Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday means happy hop-day!  Today for our blog hop, our good friend Robbie from Inkedx2 has matched up a picture with the Stampin' Up! coordinating colors and set us loose to play!  This is a hop, meaning that when you are done checking out what I have for you, you should hop along to the next person and see what their interpretation looks like - bet it is different!  Today, instead of matching up the picture, I just used the colors to inspire me... that and my drive home from teaching some amazing young adults over at SEASPAR...  the grey day outside does dampen the mood a bit - but the beauty of the front of my neighborhood in the fall time sure does help.  I'll show you what I mean...
Here is the inspiration photo and coordinating colors:



and here is what I was thinking about when I sat down to design...

So here is what I made for you today:
 and a close up so you can see what I did for the "water"... I sponged some craft white ink on top of the "water" area to make it look more splashy.  It doesn't matter that the trees don't match up with the exact daubers of color to give you a fall effect! 
 Snap a quick picture today of something that you like, and try and see what you can do to either re-create it, or just do something that gives you the same feeling!  I think you will be surprised with what you can do!  Now hop on over to Carol's Cards and see what fabulous thing she will have for us over there!  It is always something great!
 

3 comments:

  1. This is cool, Amanda! It really does look like your picture! Great job, girl Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interpretation of your picture. Good idea. I will have to try working with a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I LOVE this card, Amanda. It's really striking. I think I'm going to CASE this, and I can only hope I do it justice. Beautiful.!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...