Friday, February 20, 2015

She Shoots...She Scores - She took the Plunge!

Good morning, and happy Friday!  It has been frigid in Chicago, and kids have been out of school because of the extreme temperatures.  Still, hard to complain when I know some of my East Coast design team partners over at The Paper Plunge are literally buried in show!

Today I am sharing with you a white on white card I did for our weekly challenge, where the theme was "scoring as a design element".  I have not used these great feather stamps before, but I am really loving them.  The matching framelit makes all of the difference in the world!

and here is a close up of the great feathers:

I stamped them with Versamark on vellum, then heat embossed them with gold embossing powder.  When they cooled, I used my Big Shot and coordinating framelits to cut them out.  You can also see a bit more of the scoring detail here.  I used my diagonal plate for my simply scored score board to give more interest to the background.  The center panel strip is also vellum, and dry embossed (also with my Big Shot) with an older embossing folder.  The Love Life sentiment is from the A Happy Thing stamp set that is one of the great Saleabration free choices - Love this set!  I will list all of the "ingredients" below.  Also, I used a sketch from a site I haven't visited in a long time, and have missed, Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

If you are feeling up to a challenge this week, be sure to take the plunge and join us at The Paper Plunge for our scoring challenge!  We would love to see what you create!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

9 comments:

  1. Love all the texture you go on your card. Thanks for joining the challenge this week at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kaylin! I've missed you guys over at Try Stampin' On Tuesday! I'll try to play more!!

      Delete
  2. Gold is so in right now and you've done a masterful job and making this feathers look goldenly delicious. Great work on the sketch. Thanks for sharing with at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathy! I am usually a "silver" kind of girl, but have loved the gold binge lately!

      Delete
  3. I really love the texture you added to your card and the interpretation of my sketch this week. I just love the elegant vibe with the gold feathers too. Thank you for joining in the fun at Try Stampin' On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great, simple sketch, Barb! Thanks for the fun challenge!

      Delete
  4. So pretty, love love love the feathers and the embossed background. x Thankyou so much for joining us at Try Stampin and I hope you enter again xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, these gold embossed feathers are just stunning! Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love your card, Amanda! It's CAS, yet so elegant. Love the gold embossed feathers on the vellum. Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
    Sara H.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...