Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Stippled Blossoms Wednesday HOP!

Hello, and happy Wednesday!  It is time again for our Coloring Down the Lines Blog hop.  If you started here, no worries, we are a circle - you will loop back to Robbie in no time!  Today's photos are kind of romantic to me.  I guess I am thinking about Valentines Day!  I have yet to make cards for my kids and my husband - so funny!

Here is today's inspiration picture:
and the corresponding colors!
and here is what I have for you:



I am going to list my supplies, minus that really cute (retired *gulp*) button.  The first person who correctly lists the item name and color for that button in the comments here will receive, from me, a roll of this beautiful Sahara Sand lace ribbon!  You are gonna love it!  (please include your email address in your comment).
When I am using two step stamps, particularly if they are NOT photopolymer - (this set is clear mount), I always use my Stamp-a-ma-jig to help me line up the second step.  In this card's case, for the larger flowers, I first stamped the more solid Real Red flower, then used Cherry Cobbler for my second step on top.  The small flowers went in the same order...  Blushing Bride first for the more solid image, the Melon Mambo for the top stamp - because it was too bright, I did stamp off with the Mambo before stamping on the flower.  I used Fast Fuse here too, to hold down the ribbon.  There is a learning curve with this sticky stuff, but I think I will never go back now!  It holds so well, and no clingy film to try and peel off!  One swipe with the Fast Fuse, and I could ruche the ribbon exactly as I wanted it!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Now be sure to hop forward and see what Carol has for you today!  I am wondering if she has love on her mind too!!

3 comments:

  1. They are the Corderoy button in Kraft Veronica Cordry 2125 scott Ave Lincoln, NE 68506

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are RIGHT, Veronica! How fun that you knew that! Those were great buttons/brads! Keep an eye on your mailbox!

      Delete
  2. Hey there Amanda. Great minds think alike! Guess our minds were in tune in the thinking department. Love these flowers, and love the way you used the lace. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...