Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Coloring Down the Lines- crazy flowers!

Good morning - Wednesday again so soon!  Let me tell you, if I don't accomplish more today, I am going to have to postpone the weekend another day!  Too much to do in a week that feels too short!  Am I alone here??  On to the hop!  If you are arriving here from Robbie's website, then you started at the beginning, you will just keep hopping from here and make a full circle.

I think Sandy picked these colors, and although I never would have put them together, and I knew when I saw them that it would be tough, but I really was up for the challenge!  My project this week looks more like a science project then something I would normally do, but I had fun, and got REALLY inky, so how bad could it be?  I made a wall hanging for my studio, which totally needs a color-injection!  I haven't stuck them down on the canvas yet, as they are STILL drying - (did you know if you heat set these too high they smoke?? ~ just sayin').
Here are the challenge pictures:

and here is what I did:


I used my Flower Frenzy Bigz Die, and cut several layers of Filter paper (all at the same time!!), then I separated them all on paper towels, and randomly dripped reinkers from all of the colors listed ( except Sahara Sand) onto the flowers.  I let the colors run as they would, and checked them out a day later!  I think I would really like to try this again - maybe in blues, greens and purples with Butterflies!  What do you think??

Hope you enjoyed my experiment today - now hop over to Carol and see what she is cooking up in her lab, er, I mean Studio!!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

  1. WOWZA what a cool creative technique.....L OOOOOO V E it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! Now to make them with butterflies...

      Delete
  2. Love it!!!!! Very different use for the stuffs!!!! CASEing!!!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...