Thursday, March 26, 2015

This Little Light of Mine... Spotlight Technique Challenge

Yay!!  It's Friday, and today is going to be a great day!  First of all, today is the day a brand new challenge gets posted on The Paper Plunge.  This week we all made cards or projects using the Spotlight Technique.  I first thought "flowers", but I am so excited to see some of my friends tonight, that I thought this may fit better! This is the fabulous From the Herd stamp set, and the sentiment is from the So You set!



C'mon, everybody has a group of friends like this... which one are you??    So I am adding a few close ups, one so you can see how I used the ink pads and the Blender Pen to color the crazy llama, and the other so you could see the detail in the ribbon knot.  Sometimes adding just a little piece of baker's twine into the knot adds just a bit of the unexpected.

Okay, so the second reason, and I could use a little help here... is that I am competing with a few friends in an all-out, live audience, "Iron Quilter" challenge tonight.  Not paper crafting, as you usually see, but quilting!  There are 3 teams of 4 (plus our Professional Quilter, Debbie Caffery in our case).  All teams run into the auditorium and are handed a stack of 14 fabrics (every team's fabrics are different, and you have no idea what you will get) ... We then have to concept, design, cut and piece an ENTIRE quilt top in only TWO HOURS!!  Yes, crazy, but crazy fun!  We finished with seconds to spare last year, and even had a few minute break in the middle to do a little dance number!!  Did I mention there is a LIVE audience, and even a bit of heckling??   Here is last year's quilt:


We are the team on the right, my head is peeking over the top, and here is a little piece of the action:

video 

So send us all of your creative MOJO, and wish us luck.  I will let you know next week if we won!!  Have a great weekend, and don't forget to pop over to The Paper Plunge and add your version of the Spotlight Technique!  We can't wait to see what you create!!





2 comments:

  1. did you guys win last year....your quilt was bright, technically pleasing and FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did not win last year. We are out for keeps this year!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...