Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Coloring Down the Lines - Mountain Sunset

Hello and welcome!!  Today is Wednesday again, so let's hop!!  If you started at Robbie, then you found the beginning- but is there really a beginning to a circle??  In any case, I wanted to share with you the inspiration photo and the corresponding color chart for today's card:



To me, this is a mountain sunset.  I love all of the colors in this card, and it really is so peaceful to me.  Everytime I think I am a "beach person", I swing by mountains and change my mind!  I wanted to make something that really represented this photo in a very literal way, so here is what I did:

There was no yellow in our color selection this week, but if I were to do this card over again, I would certainly add some!  I made the "mountains" by tearing both Basic Gray and Basic Black cardstock and layering them.  The top panel of the card is Whisper White, which I just inked in layers, beginning with the Blushing Bride at the bottom, and working my way to Tangerine Tango and ultimately Rich Razzleberry.  You may notice that I didn't even use a stamp set this week!! 

Be sure to hop on over to Joni's website and see what she did with these colors!  Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. omgoodness! great minds really do think alike! lol my card looks like yours!!! lol! I think it's AWESOME! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...