Wednesday, August 5, 2015

ICS Blog Hop Beyond The Sea

Welcome to an underwater adventure!  This month, in our Inspire Create, & Share blog hop, we are focusing on the sea and all that means to you!  I am sure you have loved this hop of fabulous designer's blogs, and from here, when you click on the bottom image, you will link right back to the very beginning - so be sure to hop along and check out what Deb has done for you this month!

As much as I am a beach girl, I am not a nautical girl - I like my toes planted in the sand and the salt on my skin...  I did, however, have a chance to go fishing while in Alaska, so I was thinking fish for this card.  Here is what I have for you this month:
 It is a bit hard to tell in this photo, but I used the Shimmery White cardstock, which gave the colors a glittery look, but not too over-the-top sparkle.  I sponged the Shimmery white with lots of colors and covered it with a die cut from the Striped Scallop Thinlits Die, which I have had for awhile, but had not used yet, to make my fish scales.  I added pearls to give it a "bubble stream".  Here are a few close-ups so maybe you can see a bit of the shimmer.
 



I hope you enjoyed my fishy-fish!  Please hop along and see what everyone else has done with this fun theme!  Have a great week!


www.flyingstamper.blogspot.com

16 comments:

  1. Thats it very creative! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is stunning! Nice! Thanks for hopping with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for including me Deb! I love seeing what all of these creative crafters can do!

      Delete
  3. Amanda, your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri- wasn't sure it would "count" for the theme, but I am glad you liked it!

      Delete
  4. So creative and absolutely fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Tina! Thank you for the sweet compliment!

      Delete
  5. That is so pretty miss amanda panda! I love it! And it does look like fish scales!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joni, Now if we could just get to the beach...

      Delete
  6. I LOVE this! It actually makes me think of mermaids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's quite a compliment, Claudia! Does it make you "believe"?? ;)

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful card, I love the colors and technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tina! So many colors, but a lot of messy fun!

      Delete
  8. Your awesome card is making me want to play with my scallop die!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...