Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Coloring Down the Lines - Blocks of Color

Good morning, and happy Wednesday!  Today is a great day... why, you ask?  Well, because I get to hop with some of my best friends!  It has been awhile since I have been able to manage the Coloring Down the Lines hop!  So excited to be here.

Here are the inspiration photos and colors:

I completely loved this palate.  Such a wonderful fall statement!  I saw a card like this on Pinterest lately (I am sorry - I didn't pin it, so I can't find who did the original, so if it was you, YOU ARE A GENIUS!!), and I just knew I had to play with this for a fall card.  Here is what I did:

So, to make this card, I randomly colored on a clear block using my markers in all of the colors in the palate.  I was careful to make sure to go to each edge of the block.  I then spritzed the block with just a little bit of water to get the inks to blend.  (you can see over on the right, where I got less water, so the colors blended less...) I then dried the paper using my heat tool on low (It is important to move your heat tool around, and to dry from the front of the piece as well as the back.  Once dry, I was able to stamp over the design with my Sheltering Tree stamp, and add a little greeting.  I love this technique so much, that we will be playing with this exact thing in my Midweek Mingle class this morning!  Since every time you do this technique it looks different, I can't wait to see what the other ladies get from their drawing!!

I hope you enjoyed this card, and I hope you will continue hopping with my friends.  If you started with Robbie, you we at the start, but if you began here, hop on to Helen, and just keep going - you will hop all the way around!  Thanks for stopping by!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

5 comments:

  1. I always love your cards - they are so artistic. Another great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz - I always love your cards too!! :) I think we have similar styles!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen, flattering coming from you!!

      Delete
  3. Love that fall sky, Amanda. Looks a little like my sky did yesterday. Very nice, love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...