Wednesday, November 4, 2015

ICS Blog Hop - Giving Thanks


Welcome to this month's blog hop!  I am thankful you are here...  and that leads us to the reason for the hop this month - which is "giving Thanks".  One of the things I am truly blessed to be a part of, is a group that I am able to share the gift of creating with once a month.  This is the SEASPAR Eagles, which is a fabulous group of disabled adults, with whom I make cards each month.  I have been doing this for about 3 years now, and feel a little guilty about it, as I know I should just be "giving", but feel more like I am "getting" every time I am there.  They are so appreciative of every little thing - stamping is just a small part of what they do, and they are always so happy to see us when we show up to stamp!  They clap, hug, smile, and show their gratitude in so many wonderful ways - If you have a few minutes, hop on over to their site and see the amazing work they do!  This is a similar representation of what we made with them this week!
Although these cards are always simple, the Eagles love to look at what they create, and they are so excited to tell me about the person they will be sending their cards to each month.  So, thank you, Eagles, for teaching me a lesson about gratitude!!




http://flyingstamper.blogspot.com/2015/11/ics-blog-hop-giving-thanks.html


15 comments:

  1. Wonderfall! I mean wonderful! Lol! Great use of the DSP, acorn and feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Amanda! Love it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card. I love that you give of yourself to make cards with this special group of people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and how sweet of you to make cards for this group. I'm certain that they are Thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure they feel the same way about you! I love your adorable, simple card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your project and what you have shared. I do something similar with a Senior group and your spot on about how much you get!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a touching story. Love your card and plan to check out the link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice card Amanda! Love how u used that acorn!!!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card! The acorn with the glittery cap is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love that DSP and the acorn/feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful way to give back! Your card is just precious as are the people who get to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the glimmer paper on the acorn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fantastic you get to work with the group of adults and great card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl I bet they love you and your awesome passion for what you do! Quick cards are the best esp using DSP!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...