Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Floating Re-inker!

Hello!  I know, I know...  I was going to get back to business here, but you know how sometimes you can't seem to get out of your own way??  Well, that seems to be me lately!  I have been hopping busy lately, with several classes here at my studio, and even a new class at the library.  I am also getting ready for my Saleabration/ Paper Pumpkin open house - which is right around the corner - Tomorrow night, to be exact!!  If you are local to the Chicago area, and would like to pop in and see what all of the fuss is about... then, by all means, come on over!  Click here to let me know you are coming.

So here is something we did in a recent Midweek Mingle (this is the class I hold just about every Wednesday morning).  We did a little series on reinkers, and I showed them the floating reinker technique.  I loved the cards we made... every single one was different.

This technique uses the Shimmery White cardstock.  You stamp on the cardstock using versamark ink, then add embossing powder and emboss.  Using the spritzers, spray the image with a lot of water - you need it to be really wet.  Then, using a waterpen, pick up reinker colors (one at a time, cleaning your brush in between colors).  When you touch the wet cardstock, the color will spread out over the area... As you can imagine, the colors mix and blend differently everytime you do this!  You absolutely have to give it a try!

Speaking of REINKERS.....  If you own the 2014-2016 In Colors stamp pads... it is ABSOLUTELY time to order the reinkers...PRONTO!!  The colors will be retiring this May, and the reinkers will probably sell out by the end of April... Don't put this off!  These colors are great, but if you don't get the reinkers, as soon as your pads get used up, you will not be able to get the colors to refresh them... I know what I am talking about here!!  The colors I am talking about are: Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Tangelo Twist, and Mossy Meadow.  These are great, saturated colors!  Get them before they are gone!!  Also, if you own the inks here, you may want to get the Designer Series Paper Stack that coordinates with these colors.  You'll have coordinating products for months to come!!  I will add links to these products below!!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...