Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Coloring Down the LInes - Sunflower Liberty!

Good morning!  I am late to the party for the hop tonight, because I had all kinds of computer problems yesterday and couldn't get my post scheduled...  So sorry!  Robbie was before me, and Helen is after me, and either way you go you will be happy!!  If you trek towards Helen, however, you will do the whole loop!

So I called today's post Sunflower Liberty, because I took a few "liberties" with the color restraints...  I omitted one yellow (not because I didn't love it, but after I made the part with the Saffron, it just didn't fit in the design... AND, I added a color... Okay - so here is the inspiration photo and the color swatch.

 And here is what I did for you...
As you can see, I only used the Daffodil delight for the yellow - I had made an additional, smaller sunflower with the Saffron, but when I put it in there I just didn't love it.  I also added a brown...  I was allowed to use Soft Suede, which is my base color, and also the ink I used for the flourish design, but I added Early Espresso for the center of the flower, the chubby banner, and the ink in the ink splotches.

I am also very sad that the scallop circles will be retiring in the new catalog - (if you want to see everything that will be leaving, (and want to get your hands on some of it, click HERE), and wanted to use a few things that will be history very soon... So, as far as I can tell... the things in this card that are retiring are the 2 3/8" scallop circle, the bird builder punch and the decorative dots embossing folder... but there could certainly be other things too - I haven't had too much time to check out the list very thoroughly!! Here is everything I used today:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...