Thursday, December 22, 2016

Thursday Focus - Cheerful Tag Framelits

Hi there! And we're off... we have added a few wonderful additions to our little product focused blog hop, and we hope to grow a little in the future.  Our mission here is to highlight a specific product, whether it is a stamp set, framelits, Designer Series paper, or even an accessory - then we will all use the same item, and see how many different ways we an come up with to use the item...  We want you to find lots of ways to use the items you have!

For the next two Thursdays our gang is focused on Cheerful Tags framelits... I really wanted to NOT make a tag out of the set for at least one of the weeks, so this week I have a card for you...

Here you go:


There is a great filigree thinlit in this set, that produces this great fancy rectangle... I was thinking it could look like an ornate belt buckle... Hey... How about SANTA'S belt buckle?  and so I added that to the card.  Next, I really needed some great silver buttons like on Santa's suit... I punched out a few circles, and used the same die to emboss the buttons.  What? You didn't know you can emboss with your dies?  Well, you can and I did...  It comes out more subtle than an embossing folder does, and I wanted the same design as the buckle, so that is what I did.  Easy Peasy - goes together in about 5 minutes... 
Now, I am not a big "inside card stamper" to which many of my customers can attest... but I wanted to make sure to get my point across... so I added an inside stamp to this quick and easy...


And here is everything I used to make this card:


Be sure to stop back next week for more ideas from me, but in the meantime, hop around to the gang and see what they did with this fun set... Check out our sample from the North (Canada... not the Pole...) .  Take it away, Jenilee!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...