Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Coloring Down the Lines - Heartless!!

Good challenge this week with the Coloring Down the Lines hop...  This week my friends and I were supposed to make a Valentine card using NO hearts!!  Not Super-tough, but a bit of a challenge for my tired brain!  Once a month I teach a class at SEASPAR Eagles.  This is an organization that supports disabled young adults.  I have been doing this with another Stampin' Up! Demonstrator for the last 5 years, and it is one of my very favorite things that I do!  I was there on Monday, making Valentine's Day cards with our gang, when one of the facilitators asked me if I would be willing to make a "less frilly, more manly" Valentine's day card for the February class... Well, of course!  How's this:

 I had fun coloring the saw and hammer using my ink pads and my Blender Pens!  Very fun!  Also included in this framelit set is one that makes graduations.  (That is the formal name for the tiny lines on a ruler - I know  - asked Siri!).  I ran that down one side for a little extra texture!  I also used the tree builder punch as the thought bubble for the sentiment, and I used the hole from the little nut that comes in the builder framelits to make the little circles...
Here is a list of all of the Manly items I used for the card:

Please be sure to check out Seaspar when you have a few minutes - they are really amazing...  Okay then, time to hop over to Helen and see what she made without a Heart!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, Amanda. It's always difficult to come up with a "manly" card. This does it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy! Loving the little tools!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...