Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Coloring Down the Lines - My Favorite Technique...Watercolor, Baby!

Okay, so the truth is that I have a ton of "favorite" techniques... but I always come back to watercoloring.  With our Watercolor Pencils, I can better control where the color goes (which I was never particularly good at with a brush).  Shading is a snap, and you don't even have to be coloring in the lines!  Woohoo!!

On a side note, I find that my daughters will tell me ANYTHING when I lie on the floor next to them and color... I think it is because we are not looking directly at each other, but hanging together just the same, doing a shared activity.  By the way... this works well with young pre-teens when you are in a car together...  of course some of the stuff they tell you can make you almost run off the road...hehehe.

Here is what I have for you today:




And here is the close-up...



Another technique I used here is a bit more artsy...  This is called Triptych... that is when you divide one panel of art into three pieces... they don't have to be even, just three...  And one more thing...  see that "ombre" look on the side panels??  Well that is nothing more than scribbles with the pencil... harder scribbles on the bottom, lighter on top, then you just kind of "chase" the color up the panel!

Fun, Right?  Wanna come over and color?

Okay - here is what I used:


Now be sure to hop over to Helen and see what she loves to do...

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, and I like the triptych. I totally agree, watercoloring is my favorite. You are sneaky to get your information from your kids. But, hey, anything to keep you on top of things. Good for you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of us chose watercoloring. Love the monochromatic look of your card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robbie! I like to keep it simple sometimes;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...