Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Coloring Down the Lines - Projects only

I LOVE CRAFTING... can I just say that out loud?  It is like instant relaxation when I get to play with all things craft... I love paper, and I love fabric...  I knit, I sew, I scrap...  So when today's challenge was announced, I was HAPPY!!  We are supposed to make anything EXCEPT a card...  okay - done!  Then I started thinking about what to make...  tough to narrow it down.  I saw this cute box on Pinterest and thought it would make an adorable treat holder for Valentine's day.  But since I couldn't actually choose, AND since today is the first Wednesday of the month, I will actually be posting twice today... and tonight's post is yet another 3-D project, with a video tutorial on how to cut it (and make it of course), along with all kinds of add on's, all from one small 6 x 6 sheet of Designer Paper....  So, back to my story... today is a treat holder... I stamped with Versamark on Real Red card stock, then used white embossing powder and my heat tool for an all-over pattern...  Don't forget to use your embossing buddy BEFORE you stamp if you are going to do this, because the white is so stark, that if you get extra spots on your cardstock, it really screams at you!!
Check this out:

It's a box that uses the scallop tag topper punch to hold it closed:


here are some more photos that show how it all goes together;  This next photo is the box from the side:

And this one shows what it looks like when you remove the ribbon that ties the two toppers together..

Then you slide off the "belly band" that has the doily on the top, and your box opens flat!
I think I could add all kinds of fun things in here...  stickers or Ghirardelli chocolate squares - depends on who you are giving these to!

Here is what I used to make this:
Be sure to stop back tonight for a whole new project (actually it is a whole FAMILY of a project), and the accompanying video... but for now, please hop over to Helen and see what project she has cooked up for you!!  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. How adorable - I'm going to have to get the dimensions to make this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...