Thursday, March 9, 2017

Thursday Focus - Hey Chick Again!

Today is Thursday Focus, so this is a hop, filled with fun folks who are all using the same product to show you different ways you can use that one item!  We keep the same item for two consecutive weeks to double your ideas!

So last week I showed you how I made the fun chicken wire for my Hey Chick card, and this week I am going to share with you a card that we made recently at my team meeting.  The initial card was designed by one of my fabulous team mates, Martha Coronado, who is a great teacher and demonstrator.  She led our gang through the making of this card too.

I made a few modifications to her card to suit the supplies I had, and my style a bit.  Let me show you the card I made:
okay - so she used a different color yellow (she used Daffodil, but I used Crushed Curry)...  In her card, she also used the Urban Underground designer series paper, but I hadn't received mine yet so I made my own "lines" pattern using the Gorgeous Grunge set.  She used the colored enamel pieces as accents, but I didn't have those, so I used the Metallic sequins... I added the amazing metalic ribbon from Saleabration, and used the Layering Squares dies too, because I liked the "ruffled" edge as a frame... Here are some more views:

In the view below, you can see that I distressed the ends of the ribbon on the knot... I did that to make it appear more "country fun"!


In the supplies area below that has the links, I will list the supplies she used as well as mine so you can easily access them in the store, but I figured out how to earn TWO free Salebration items for this card, and used them both here too!

Here's how that works:
Urban Underground dsp                                    $13
Layering squares framelits                                 $35
Urban Underground cardstock pack (contains vanilla, crushed curry, and basic grey) $ 8
memento tuxedo black ink                                  $6
Metallic Sequins                                                  $5
Regals Stampin' Write markes (set of 10 - to color hair)     $29
Classic Label punch                                              $18
_____________________________________________________________________________

Your total                                                                                                              $114

Hey, Chick stamp set                                                                                              FREE

Metallic Ribbon assortment pack (2 rolls - silver AND gold )                              FREE



Now be sure to hop over to see what Jenilee has for you today!!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Fun card! Love having your as my partner in crime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that! Thanks for inviting me to play in your Thursday product share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute. Love what you did with the chick and all the background stamping on the card, which created really cool dimension to the card. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...