Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Coloring Down the Lines - Mother's day (and Paper Pumpkin alternate)

Good morning!  Today is Wednesday, so we are going to Color Down the Lines!  Today's challenge was to make a Mother's Day card using no flowers... Well, my intentions were good!  I immediately thought - butterflies!  I pulled out one of my old favorite stamp sets, Papillon Potpourri, and thought I would use it before it retires!  I also remembered that the most recent Paper Pumpkin kit had a good sentiment that could be adapted for many different occasions - to include Mother's Day!

Okay, so here is where I failed... Sure I was just stamping butterflies... but when I finished my card I realized that two of the butterflies actually contain flowers...  sorry gang!  (also, when I finished the card I dragged my inky thumb across the front by accident - what a mess I am!!

Here is what I have for you:

eek!  and here is the close up of the "flowers"...


I have used several things that are retiring here, some available while supplies last (elegant butterfly punch), and some will be available (guaranteed) until May 22...  and pne of these stamp sets is ONLY available through Paper Pumpkin...  This month's kit was amazing - and I happen to have a full spare kit available and can get it to you!!  The kit is $20, (plus shipping if you don't live in this area), and included everything you need to make a bunch of fun cards - here's the video that shows how they go together!

Here is what I used (besides the Paper Pumpkin stamp set)

Now be sure to hop over to Liz and see what she has for you!


3 comments:

  1. Great card!! I actually like your "inky thumb" splatter. I love the butterflies and the red against the gray. (Never would have even thought about the flowers on the butterflies, so it should count as "no flowers." You can't be held accountable for what those butterflies wear!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh- by the way - I couldn't get to Liz's blog. What am I doing wrong? Born before computers. :(

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the comment love!! I am glad you like it! Thanks for forgiving both the inky thumb AND the butterfly wardrobe! You will be happy to know age and YOUR skill had nothing to do with not being able to access Liz's blog... It was all me! it is fixed now, so you should definitely check it out! Also, I added a cute project today too, so I hope you will check it out!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to go play with paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...